Spinach Potato Omelette Recipe – Super nutritious breakfast!
Here is an omelette recipe that is not only very easy to make but would also serve as delicious and nutritious breakfast option! While preparation of omelette varies across different regions, it is a ubiquitous part of the meals or sometimes acts as meal in itself.
Recently, during my stay at a hotel, I had the chance to observe the chef make the vegetable omelette. He first fried the vegetables and then added the egg on the fried vegetables. Before this, I used to mix the vegetables along with the eggs, but the version I was tasting here was very different and extremely delicious!!
Not only the taste of vegetables and eggs could be enjoyed separately, but also it was a crunchy and wholly aromatic mix of ingredients. At home, I experimented the same vegetable omelette and in my next attempt, I went onto try another version with my favourite ingredient spinach!!
And here is the story behind this amazing spinach and potato omelette recipe. Of course, I am super excited to share this recipe over here. So, here we go!
Spinach Potato Omelette Recipe: Ingredients
Serves: 2 persons
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (as per taste)
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach leaves
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tablespoon chopped spring onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
Spinach Potato Omelette Recipe: Method of preparation
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Peel the potatoes and chop in cubes. Boil in a closed container in microwave for 5 minutes at 800W. After the potatoes are boiled, chop even further in small cubes.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add the boiled potatoes and garlic paste and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped spinach leaves and spring onions.
- Fry for 5 minutes until the spinach leaves are completely welted. Add some salt as per taste.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, green chilies, salt, and pepper. The electric blender will make more fluffy omelette.
- In a nonstick pan, add half of the spinach potatoes mix. Pour half of the whisked egg evenly over the spinach and potatoes.
- Cover with a lid and heat for 1 minute. Turn the omelette and cook the other side.
- Serve your spinach potato omelette with bread and ketchup for breakfast.
Spinach Potato Omelette Recipe Credit: Shweta Kumari