Spinach, Coconut, and Pineapple smoothie – A Tropical Haven!!
Spinach, Coconut, and Pineapple smoothie is a drink that always promises to rejoice you! Whether you are looking for something bright to lighten up your parties, something nutritious yet delicious to include in your family meals, or just a quick energy drink; this gorgeous smoothie will live up to your expectations.
It is kind of a summer preparation with the ingredients primarily belonging to a tropical climate. While spinach being available year round, you can try to modify it per availability of ingredients at your place and turn around an exciting recipe for a delicious cooler!
I had this smoothie for the first time when I visited a nutritionist friend of mine and fell in love with it immediately after! Before having this, my idea of a smoothie was always with fruits and yoghurt! But since then I have myself tried various versions of this recipe, replacing ingredients and by trying mix and match. So here we go and first learn about the health benefits of our ingredients followed by of course the steps to follow!
Health Benefits of main ingredients – Spinach, Pineapple, and Coconut
Spinach is good for health is kind of a universal truth and I am wondering whether I should even list the health benefits of this ubiquitous vegetable! Well, just reiterating what you have always been hearing! A super simple vegetable, spinach is an excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A in form of beta-carotene, folate, and fiber. It is available year round and is one of the lowest sources of calories but with very high nutritional value. It can be eaten raw, steamed, cooked and pureed as part of any meal course, and even added to drinks as we are going to do!
Juicy and delicious pineapples not only have nutritional but also medicinal properties! Pineapples are rich source of calcium, potassium, vitamin C, carbohydrates, and crude fibre. Pineapples are a boon to your digestive system, immune system. They can tremendously help in maintaining ideal weight, keep you hydrated, and provide balanced nutrition.
Coconuts are creamy, nutritious, and also possess medicinal value! Nearly every part of a coconut tree can be utilized for various purposes, making it one of the most versatile plantations besides banana! We have used coconut meat/grated coconut in our preparation. While Coconut water is one of the best drinks for hydration, coconut meat is one the best foods for nutrition. It possess dietary fiber, heart healthy fats, proteins, Vitamins A&E, and polyphenols to help restore tissues from oxidative damage.
Spinach Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie – Ingredients
Serves: 6-7 persons
- 1 medium sized bunch of baby spinach or fresh spinach leaves (I have tried to replace spinach with Brahmi leaves as well and result was amazing too. Will share Brahmi leaves recipe soon)
- 1 bowl of coconut meat or grated coconut
- 1 -1.5 bowl of fresh cut pineapples
- 2 table spoons of flax seeds
- 4 cups of coconut water or plain water
- 2-3 table spoons of Honey/Molasses/Naturally sweet syrup (OPTIONAL as both coconut meat and pineapple would impart a natural sweet taste. We didn’t need to add any other sweetener on the top. You can do so should you desire)
Spinach Pineapple and Coconut Smoothie – Method of preparation
Time of preparation: 10-15 mins
- Clean and wash the spinach and keep it aside
- Blend coconut meat, flax seeds, and pineapple pieces in little coconut water to result in a consistent mix
- Add spinach leaves and blend again with some more coconut water
- Blend well to get a consistent mix and add the remaining coconut water
- Your smoothie is ready! Add ice or refrigerate before serving per your requirement.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Please leave your feedback and share this recipe with your friends and family should you like it! Thank you!!