Coconut, Pineapple, and Spinach smoothie is a drink that will always rejoice you! Whether you are looking for something bright to lighten up your parties, something nutritious yet delicious to include in your family meals, or just a quick energy drink; this gorgeous spinach smoothie will live up to your expectations.
It is kind of a summer preparation with the ingredients primarily belonging to a tropical climate. While spinach being available year round, you can try to modify it per availability of ingredients at your place and turn around an exciting recipe for a delicious cooler!
Health Benefits of main ingredients – Spinach, Pineapple, and Coconut
Spinach is an excellent source of Vitamin K, Vitamin A in form of beta-carotene, folate, and fiber. It is available year round and is one of the lowest sources of calories but with very high nutritional value. It can be eaten raw, steamed, cooked and pureed as part of any meal course, and even added to drinks as we are going to do!
Juicy and delicious pineapples not only have nutritional but also medicinal properties! Pineapples are rich source of calcium, potassium, vitamin C, carbohydrates, and crude fibre. Pineapples are a boon to your digestive system, immune system. They can tremendously help in maintaining ideal weight, keep you hydrated, and provide balanced nutrition.
Coconuts are creamy, nutritious, and also possess medicinal value! Nearly every part of a coconut tree can be utilized for various purposes, making it one of the most versatile plantations besides banana!
We have used coconut meat/grated coconut in our preparation. While Coconut water is one of the best drinks for hydration, coconut meat is one the best foods for nutrition. It possess dietary fiber, heart healthy fats, proteins, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and polyphenols to help restore tissues from oxidative damage.
Spinach Smoothie – List of Ingredients
Serves: 6-7 persons
- 1 medium sized bunch of baby spinach or fresh spinach leaves (I have tried to replace spinach with Gotu Kola leaves as well and result was amazing too).
- 1 bowl of coconut meat or grated coconut
- 1 -1.5 bowl of fresh cut pineapples
- 2 table spoons of flax seeds
- 4 cups of coconut water or plain water
- 2-3 table spoons of Honey/Molasses/Naturally sweet syrup (OPTIONAL as both coconut meat and pineapple would impart a natural sweet taste)
Method of preparation
Time of preparation: 10-15 mins
- Clean and wash the spinach and keep it aside
- Blend coconut meat, flax seeds, and pineapple pieces in little coconut water to result in a consistent mix
- Add spinach leaves and blend again with some more coconut water
- Blend well to get a consistent mix and add the remaining coconut water
- Your smoothie is ready! Add ice or refrigerate before serving per your requirement.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Please leave your feedback and share this recipe with your friends and family should you like it.