Smoothies – Yummy, Wholesome, and Super Nutritious!
Talking about smoothies, only one thing comes to my mind – Yummy!! And I am constantly amazed about the versatility of this preparation. Smoothies can go for any part of the meal, in all seasons, and at nearly any time of the day (except for late evenings and nights). They are good for nearly all despite age or health condition. They make perfect coolers and starters for any occasion. In fact, smoothies are prepared in different ways across the world and sometimes even form an inherent part of the local delicacies, although nomenclature would be different in this case.
And what matters the most to all of us busy bees – smoothies are super quick to make and yet they preserve the wholesomeness of all the ingredients that go inside the preparation, and hence super nutritious! Well, the nutrition facts and health benefits would vary per the ingredients you choose.
So, here we go with one of our cooling smoothies recipe!
Passion Fruit, Coconut water, and Flax Seed Smoothies
This is one tangy and refreshing preparation that is rich in vitamins, anti-oxidants, and essential minerals. Passion fruit, Coconut water, and Flax seeds smoothie is great for coolers in summers, to replenish the salts of the body, as well as a starter for your get togethers.
While both passion fruit and coconut water are rich in the minerals and vitamins; flax seeds are a great source of essential fatty acids, fiber, and proteins.
Serves 3-4 persons
2 cups fresh coconut water
2-3 passion fruits for pulp
3-4 table spoons of flax seeds (roasted and ground)
5-6 mint leaves
1 green apple cut into small pieces ( optional)
2-3 table spoons of honey/molasses (modify per taste)
pinch of black salt
Method of preparation
Time of preparation: 10-15 mins
- In the blender add half cup of coconut water with small pieces of apple and blend till smooth.
- Add rest of the ingredients except passion fruit pulp and blend again
- Take the mix out and set in a container with some ice cubes for it to cool down
- Take the pulp out from passion fruits in a cup and mix well with hand to result in a consistent mix. This step is primarily to separate make a uniform mix out of passion fruit pulp and seeds without breaking the seeds.
- Add the passion fruit mix in the container and mix well. You are ready to go with the yummy smoothie! Enjoy!!
Please leave your feedback and share this recipe with your friends & family should you like it!