For this week, we are super excited to introduce savoury muffins with cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, oats, and broccoli recipe! It is one of the best ways to introduce vegetables to family in a stylish yet super nutritious fashion!! As with rest of our preparations, it is yet super easy and fun to make.
You can make it even more engaging by involving family members in as they will equally enjoy to put on their aprons and experience the magic of baking! I asked my toddler to help in and she was more than happy to get her hands on it and of course eat it afterwards 🙂
Savoury vegetable muffins can be enjoyed over in picnics, get togethers, lazy Sundays, or packed into the lunch box!
To get you even more inspired, here are some health benefits of cauliflower, oats, and broccoli – key ingredients of our preparation.
Broccoli and Cauliflower come under the category of cruciferous vegetables known for their anti-cancerous properties. They are loaded with fiber, antioxidants, phytochemicals, sulfur compounds, and enhance the metabolism of the body. They make excellent pregnancy food!! However, a little word of caution for lactating mothers as excess can lead to gas and colic for babies.
Oats, in addition, are counted as a superfood for their ultra high macro and micronutrients content and ability to keep multiple diseases off the ward. So, if you are getting bored of eating oats with milk and fruits, give this recipe a try and you will never regret it.
Savory Muffins with Oats & Broccoli recipe – Ingredients
Serves 4-5 persons
1 cup oats
8-9 cherry tomatoes (cut into small pieces) for sprinkling
1 Medium sized broccoli – finely grated
1/2 cauliflower -finely grated
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano (replace with fresh oregano or cilantro/coriander leaves)
1/2 cup yogurt
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter to grease the tray
2 Medium sized eggs*
* Tip: Eggs can be replaced with greek yogurt or thick yogurt. Put 3 tablespoons of yogurt to replace 1 egg
Pinch baking soda and baking powder (optional)
Seeds or nuts per taste – pumpkin seeds, cashews, or chia seeds will go well (optional)
Small cubes of feta cheese to sprinkle on the top (optional)
Savory Muffins with Oats & Broccoli recipe – Method of preparation
Time of preparation: 15-20 mins
Time of cooking: 30-40 mins
- Wash and grate cauliflower and broccoli. Mix with the oats into a big bowl.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into small pieces and keep aside.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano, baking soda, and baking powder to the above mix.
- Blend the eggs with yogurt and add to the mix.
- Grease muffin tray and arrange the mix into muffin blocks. We used disposable muffin molds and it worked very well too.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and cherry tomatoes on the top.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C
- Insert the tray in the oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes
- Check with fork or toothpick and remove the tray from the oven if it comes out clean.
And you are all set to go! Enjoy!!
Please leave your feedback and share this recipe with your friends and family should you like it ?