Zucchini pie makes a gorgeous and healthy option for your get-togethers, lazy Sundays, and to pack into the lunch box for weekdays. This recipe of Zucchini pie with feta cheese and quinoa is also packed with required nutrients, flavour, and texture to please and nourish your little ones. It is Diabetic friendly and recommended for expecting and new mothers too.
Zucchini is one of the most versatile of squashes! It imparts a delicious flavour and wonderful texture to food, especially when it comes to baking. You can have it in pasta, as a topping over pizzas, as zucchini noodles, or bake it into a pie and totally hide it from fussy kiddos, who will later be licking their fingers and asking for more!!
When it comes to nutrition, Zucchini brings significant amounts of potassium, folic acid, fibre, Vitamins A, E, and C on to your plate. It is a great pregnancy vegetable too! And the best part is, it is super easy and super quick to make to fit very well into our busy schedules. So, wait no more! Here is the recipe for you to give it a try now.
Zucchini pie – Ingredients
Serves 4-5 persons
- 2 Medium size Zucchini (grated)
- 2 Cups quinoa (cooked)
- 2 Sprigs of parsley (chopped)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3rd Cup full cream milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 Cup feta cheese (cubed into small pieces) for sprinkling on top of the pie
- 2 Medium sized eggs – Tip: Eggs can be replaced with greek yoghurt or thick yoghurt. Put 3 tablespoons of yoghurt to replace 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or butter to grease the tray
- Pinch baking soda and baking powder (optional)
- Seeds or nuts per taste – pine nuts, peanuts, or chia seeds will go well (optional)
- 1/4th to 1/3rd Cup mozzarella cheese (grated) – optional
- 8-9 cherry tomatoes (cut into small pieces) for sprinkling along with the feta cheese (optional)
Recipe Zucchini pie – Method of preparation
Time of preparation: 15-20 mins
Time of cooking: 30-40 mins
- Boil and cook quinoa (pressure cooker with one whistle or on a medium heat for 10 mins till it is soft)
- Add and mix the ingredients together with quinoa – zucchini, parsley, salt & pepper, seeds, mozzarella cheese
- In a separate bowl mix milk/cream and eggs/yoghurt and blend well
- Mix all ingredients together along with baking soda and baking powder should you have added it
- Keep the mix aside for 10-15 minutes and let it set
- Grease the baking tray and add the mix
- Sprinkle feta cheese and cherry tomatoes on the top
- Preheat the oven at 180 C
- Insert the tray in the oven and bake for about 20-30 minutes
- Check with fork or toothpick and remove the tray from the oven if it comes out clean.
- And you are all set to go! Enjoy!!
Please leave your feedback and share this recipe with your friends and family should you like it 🙂