Guacomole is one of the super nutritious and super yummy dip that can be whisked at home just in a couple of minutes. Consisting of nearly all the colours of the rainbow, it is one highly nourishing and finger licking side that can go along with your main course, go inside the sandwiches, or as a dip with home baked chips! Well the combinations are plenty based on when and where you use it.
Children and adults, men and women, old and young love it alike for it is one of the creamiest dips to accompany your food. And the good news is, guacomole dip base is Avocado, a celebrated superfood and rich source of Omega 3s. So, here is a quick recipe to make Guacomole dip at home:
Time: 10 mins
Ingredients below and this serves 2
- 1 ripe Avocado , to check for ripeness of the avocado follow Medhya Avocado feature giving tips on tsesting and using avocado.
- Medium size tomato
- Medium size red onion
- 2 twigs of coriander leaves
- roasted cumin powder to taste
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
Method to make
- Peel and pit the Avocado, mash it in a bowl with spoon/fork.
- Add finely chopped garlic, tomato, onion, and coriander leaves.
- Mix all above ingredients well and add roasted cumin powder and salt to taste.
- Add half tea spoon of lemon juice should the tomato not give enough tanginess that you wish
And here it is, your rainbow coloured super dip! Here is a quick recap on the colours of the rainbow nutrition for you!