This is a delicious yet another supernutritious preparation that is a fusion between western and traditional Indian cuisine. Mushroom Cheese Dosa that would easily pass as a Mushroom Cheese Pizza or Mushroom Cheese Rice Crepe to please and excite the little ones! It is rich in proteins, probiotics, fibre, antioxidants, and necessary enzymes. On the texture side, it is crispy and crunchy and bursting with the flavours of the ingredients. Take it as a midmeal snack or as a meal in itself, our mushroom cheese dosa recipe will satiate your hunger as well as taste buds.
Feel free to play with the ingredients for your cheese dosa as you would do for your pizza! Add peppers and onions along with or replace them with mushrooms. The fun part is, this pizza doesn’t require an oven and can be made on a flat pan as you would normally make a dosa.
Cheese and mushrooms are full of proteins, enzymes, and prebiotics. Mushrooms also provide one with required fibre and antioxidants. Dosa, on the other hand, is a popular fermented food that not only makes proteins more bioavailable but also has added probiotics and antioxidants to support your well being.
Ingredients – Mushroom Cheese Dosa Recipe
(Serves 5-6 people)
- 250g Button mushrooms – we chose button mushrooms for their relatively bland taste. You can also go for Shitake or Shimeji or Portobello per your choice – finely chopped.
- 2 medium tomatoes – finely chopped
- 2 medium onions – finely chopped (optional)
- 5-6 cups Dosa Batter. We will share the recipe and method of preparation of Dosa Batter in our upcoming posts.
- 150g cheese – finely grated. We have taken old Gouda cheese. Feel free to replace this with the cheese of your choice.
- A couple of basil leaves – finely chopped to garnish. You can also try coriander leaves.
- Salt per taste
- Pepper (optional)
- Few tablespoons of Ghee or Olve oil or sesame oil to spread on the Dosa
Note – Fine chop the vegetables as it will allow them to cook well along with the Dosa on the pan. If too big in size, then vegetables will stay raw and wouldn’t taste nice.
Method of Preparation – Mushroom Cheese Dosa Recipe
Excludes the time of preparation of Dosa Batter – which is usually 10-14 hours including 6-8 hours of soaking and 6-8 hours of fermentation time post grinding.
- Take a flat pan for Dosa and place it on high flame.
- Oil the upper side of the pan well so that Dosa doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Once the pan is hot, bring it to medium flame.
- Spread the dosa batter on the pan.
- Spread grated cheese and on top of it the vegetables (onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes).
- Bring the flame to low to allow dosa and vegetables to cook well.
- Put a couple of oil/ghee drops around to allow it to cook well and get crispier.
- Keep on flame for 2 mins or see that vegetables and dosa are cooked well and Dosa isn’t burning.
- Garnish with basil or coriander leaves
- Remove the Dosa from the pan using a spatula. Sprinkle salt and pepper on it.