“The plant for immortality”, Ghrit Kumari finds its mention in the Rigveda and was known to ancient civilizations from over the world for its versatile properties and its healing potential. It is cold in potency. Constituents within Ghrit Kumari “Aloevera gel” can penetrate through all seven layers of the skin resulting in prompt and marked effect of rejuvenation, natural healing, and protection. Aloevera leaf is composed of three layers:
- An inner clear gel that contains 99% water and rest is made of glucomannans, amino acids, lipids, sterols and vitamins. It is highly effective in treating all kinds of skin wounds, burns, and disorders.
- The middle layer of latex which is the bitter yellow sap and contains anthraquinones and glycosides. This part of the leaf is effective in gastrointestinal disorders and is a strong laxative.
- The outer thick layer of called as rind and protects the inner parts.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains 75 potentially active constituents: vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, lignin, saponins, salicylic acids and amino acids.
- Aloe vera hydrates, soothes, and regenerates the skin through increased collagen production. Highly effective when consumed internally and externally, Aloe vera is used in the treatment of hemorrhoids, dermatitis, and in psoriasis.
- It helps to treat burns on the body from the Sun as well as effective in treating impact of radiation on the body.
- Aloe vera contains 8 enzymes some of which are anti-inflammatory in nature and effective on both internal and external problems such as relieving from joint and skin inflammation.
- Aloe vera contains 6 antiseptic agents, hence its effective inhibitive action on fungi, bacteria and viruses.
External application of Aloe vera may sometimes cause allergies, so it is advised to test on a small part of the skin first. It can also lead to diarrhea, hence regulated consumption is recommended. Oral consumption of Aloe vera is not recommended during pregnancy due to stimulation of uterine contractions. In breastfeeding mothers, it may sometime causes gastrointestinal issues to the infant.