Beetroot Recipes for beautiful colours, taste, and nutrients in your meals
Beetroot is a superfood because of its intrinsic properties that helps us attain a fit and healthy life. The tap-root of Beet plant is known as beetroot. It is a cultivated variety of Beta vulgaries. It contains approximately 90% of water. Raw beetroot is rich source of folate. Beetroot has in numerous medicinal usage. Ayurvedic lifestyle says to follow a diet that contains a lot of salads and organic vegetable. Beetroot is a multi-purpose vegetable that serves as a starter, lunch, dinner as well as drink. It also serves as one of the best ayurvedic medicine’s ingredient.
Beetroot Recipes: Wholesome salad for Breakfast
- Olive oil
Boil the beetroots until it is soft. Cut them into cubes and mix it well with olive oil, cut cubes of carrot and pieces of walnuts. Mix them well with pinch of salt. Your healthy and wholesome breakfast is ready.
Beetroot Recipes: Lavishing lunch with yummy curry
- Anise seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Bay leaf
- Thyme leaves
- Black pepper
Saute the Anise seeds and Fennel seeds in ghee for 30 seconds. Add the vegetables cut in cubes along with bay leaves and thyme leaves.Cook for two minutes and add water and simmer for 45 minutes on low heat. Add salt, yoghurt, yam and mix well. Add black pepper for taste.
- Chopped onions
- Chopped tomato
- Salt and little sugar
- Roasted cumin powder
Fine chop onions, tomatoes, and beetroot. Steam chopped beetroot such that it becomes soft. Let it cool down and then add yoghurt, onions, tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin powder to taste. A yummy and filling snack with all essential micronutrients and macronutrients is ready for you.
Beetroot Recipes: Soup for a Delicious Dinner
- Chopped onions
- Grated carrot
- Chopped potato
- Lemon juice
Saute onion in ghee. Add beets, potato, carrot and celery and bring to boil. Cook on medium heat until beets are soft. Do not overcook. Add lemon juice, Sugar,salt, pepper and stir well. Serve with yogurt on top.
Health benefits of Beetroot
- Reduces blood pressure and risk associated with strokes and heart attack – Beetroot contains dietary nitrate (NO3), which the body converts into biologically active nitrite (NO2) and nitric oxide (NO). They relaxes and dilates blood vessels.
- Growth of tissues – Folic acid is a type of B- vitamin that helps in maintaining the growth and development of tissues thus combating birth defects and DNA change. Beetroot has high content of folic acid.
- Good for cardiovascular system- Beatine is a pigment found naturally in Beets. Betaine reduces blood concentration of homocysteine and keeps the circulatory as well as vascular system in good working.
- Fight cancer cells – Beatine is also responsible for the colour of the vegetable. It has cancer-curing properties. The link between oxygen and cancer is well-known and beets can increase oxygen, within the blood, by 400 percent while helping to eliminate waste products.
- Helps in increasing haemoglobin and Combats anaemic symptoms – “Beetroot is also highly recommended to increase the body’s red blood cell count as it is high in folic acid as well as iron, potassium and fiber”, says Nutritionist and Dietician Sheela Krishnaswamy. (Source :ndtv/food)
Beetroot is a route to a healthy living and can be consumed in many ways. So, enjoy our beetroot recipes for good health and to add beautiful colours to your plate!